Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sick of pasta?

How about you give it to your kids.


For part of this evening, we will be stringing multi-colored-pasta (as beads). What fun the kiddos will have.


The red "beads"


The green "beads"


Close up bead inspection


How to make?


Well, go ahead and put a tablespoon of white vinegar, a few drops of food coloring, and a handful of pasta, all in a zip lock baggie. Call over the nearest energy-filled toddler and have them shake, toss, and squish around the bag. Then put that onto a paper plate and let dry (I did the shaking part just before nap time, so we could do the beading part after nap time).


With these "beads" - you can go ahead and do a mosaic or string jewelry. I think it would be lots of fun to get all sorts of different shaped pasta (alphabet, maybe?) and toss together the different colors. I just used what I had on hand, which is why my pasta looks like Christmas.


Have a nice afternoon with the kids. I know we will.

0 comments: