Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/26 Meal Plan

A very disappointing and uninspiring list of sales this week.

Sale items: Berries, grapes, and corn

Friday: Poached eggs over polenta with avocado and tomato Pico-De-Gallo

Saturday: Mexican Casserole

Sunday: Black Beans and Cilantro Rice

Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Nachos (for husband) and taco salad for myself.

Wednesday: Wing it (gasp)

Thursday: Wing it (gasp)

I saw down to plan meals, and just couldn't make it through the week. Friday and Saturday were easy because I missed a couple meals from the previous week. Then I thought about the fresh cilantro and avocados I had in the fridge. I always have black beans on hand, so those will be easy to cook up. I do have all the fixings for pizza, and my kitchen is well stocked so I know I can whip together a meal in a hurry. I think I will take a bare-bones list to the grocery store and stock up on a few extra fruits and veggies for snacking.

The problem is - after a weeks worth of training - I am not feeling particularly creative. All those creative juices are mentally in my classroom this week, and I just can't seem to get "into" my kitchen. I did make a low fat creme brulee tonight - it was "eh."

Once the weekend hits, I will probably be a bit more experimental feeling. I should make some bread this weekend. Maybe I can put a smoothie or two on my list too. That might be sort of fun to experiment with. We'll see what fun pictures I can drum up for the blog.

0 comments: