Sunday, June 15, 2008

My apologies + weekly menu

I promised you every day. I have failed.

Forgive me?

I surely hope so.

I assure you I have a good excuse. You see, my district has required that I ge "FRI"-ed and finish my ESOL endorsement. I did THREE moduals in my online courses last night. I worked from noon - 9 PM, with only the distractions of my own children. I turned off the computer and walked out of the office. Then I remembered that I was breaking my promise. I opted for bed anyway. I was just so tired from all the reading. Math teachers are not meant to be endorsed in reading. I think that class is harder than all of my master's level coursework combined.

Anyhow, as a show of good faith, I will be posting twice today. Here I will post my menu for the week with recipes attached. Next will be my "ode to Father's Day." I hope both serve to please.

Weekly menu:

Good sale items: Vine ripened tomatoes (could this be in response to the current salmonella outbreak?), grapes, raspberries, ricotta cheese.

Thursday: Leftover black beans and rice (from previous week's menu), sauteed green peppers and onions for extra vegitables.

Friday: Pasta salad, but THIS time I made it TOTALLY fat free and with no packaged goods (except for the pasta). I included olives, a tomato, broccoli, green onion, carrot, and celery. I then added red wine vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, a sprinkle of salt, and about 1/3 of a cup of water. It was wonderful, and GONE quickly!

Saturday: Frozen tomato soup + bread, will make fresh with tomatoes later in the week to replace frozen batch.

Sunday: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Bruchetta with Balsamic reduction, mozarella/mushrooms/and thyme, Brie and Fruit, bread, and Panna Cotta with raspberry sauce. Ricotta pancakes and ginger syrup for breakfast.

Monday: Cornbread, black eyed peas, and rice

Tuesday: leftovers

Wednesday: Fried rice

Thursday: Potato pancakes

0 comments: