Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Almost down a week!

On Thursday morning I will weigh in. I have been PERFECT this week - it hasn't even been hard to stay within the allotted points. It helps that I'm not keeping around all the processed foods that I have used in the past - like, those 2 point cupcakes. Since they were "just" two points - I would eat them and think nothing of it. Then I wouldn't have enough points left over for a nutritious dinner. The no meat thing definitely helps too. I'm not trying to measure out ounces of chicken and beef.

Whatever, I am looking forward to seeing what the nutritious eating and consistent daily exercise will bring. If nothing else, I'm proud of myself. So, that's cool.

Dinner tonight is a wonderful salad with a touch of vinegar, and topped with a generous amount of mango salsa. A TERRIBLY EASY, healthy, bonus:

Mango Salsa:

1 mango
1/2 of a small red pepper
1/4 of a large red onion,
1 Tablespoon of cilantro
1/2 lime
1/2 teaspoon honey (omit-able, I did).

Mix together and enjoy! Bet if it sits for 10 minutes or so.

Wonderful over a salad or eaten with chips, but in my meat-eating days I would put it over the top of tilapia. I've also been known to eat it with a spoon!

0 comments: