Monday, June 30, 2008

Homemade nachos

One of my most favorite things to make with leftover black beans are homemade nachos. It's such a simple dinner, and one that always tastes so good. Now, if you're like me, I like my nachos FULLY dressed: guacamole, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, red onions, olives, black beans, and cheese. LOTS of cheese.

Tonight, I had to pass by the nachos, but I went ahead and served them to the husband and children.

To prepare:

Preheat an oven to 350, and cover a pizza pan with aluminum foil. Then go ahead and collect the ingredients. This is what I had on hand.
Next, layer. I warm up the beans separately, and put them immediately on top of the chips. Then I toss on the cheese. You can add red onions and olives top the top too, but I would hold off on adding the guacamole, sour cream, and salsa until the very end.

Bake for around 10 minutes or so. You want the cheese to be nice and melty.

Dallop on your favorite toppings and serve! This is SO simple, but wonderful and light yet satisfying all at the same time.

Other ideas for toppings: green onions, refried beans, marinated chicken or steak, hamburger, vegetarian meat crumbles, fresh tomatoes, cilantro.

I had way more pictures to add, but blogger is being stupid. Sorry! You will have to make your own to see all the melted gooey goodness.

0 comments: