Saturday, June 21, 2008

Redecorating with Maracas

Now that I've been blogging for several months, I thought I should create a layout more reflective of the blog's personality. The primary purpose of this blog is to discuss what I do in my kitchen (hence the name), with a serious flair of green living and motherhood. The above banner is what a friend came up with for me. Isn't it FABULOUS? She's quite talented, a budding photographer, and never gives herself enough credit. Moreover the name of her blog references Dave Matthews, and what tree hugger doesn't love him? Certainly all the ones that I went to school with do.

I will give you a "quickie" today - a picture from breakfast.

On sale this week were avocados and tomatoes. I told the husband that it was a Mexican week, but after last week's Black Eyed Peas, he asked for a reprieve from "beans and rice, rice and beans." I obliged, and got more creative in my Mexican-ness. Behold, Huevos Rancheros. This is WAY easy.

Scramble the appropriate number of eggs. Make sure to chop up some green onions and add them, some salt, and a dash of cumin. A little garlic wouldn't hurt either, but make sure to dice it up REALLY fine (mash it with your knife, even), and start it first with a little oil BEFORE adding the eggs. If you don't have green onions, you can use white, but start it first with the garlic.

When cooked, plate, and top with diced tomatoes, avocados, and a tiny bit more green onion. Add salsa and sour cream if the aforementioned isn't enough. Beans would be good too.

Would be excellent with some bakery-style bread toasted with a dash of butter.

Now off to make Mexican-style salad!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Love the new look, Hollee!

Unknown said...

Have you ever dealt with LookInTheAttic? I found some great kitchen cake plates there. They also have hardware, I think.