Friday, August 8, 2008

A few new links in my blog roll.

I find myself delving more and more into the world of foodiedom, and all the while finding foodie blogs to read for inspiration.

I'm also finding myself drawn more and more to vegan sites. While I'm not a vegan, I do like cooking like one.

The Fat Free Vegan is cool because it mixes weight watching with no meat. I find vegans to be disgustingly skinny (disgusting, like, I want to be just like them!) So, it's actually hard to find ones that focus on watching caloric and fat intake. Don't get me wrong - almost every vegan I've ever met is heath conscious. They're just not always calorie counting.

Post Punk Kitchen is done by a couple of well known vegans that have written the books Vegan with a Vengeance, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and Veganomicon. I actually just picked Veganomicon up from the new bookstore in town, and I am way excited to try it out. What I love about these books is the wholesomeness often overlooked in veganism in favor of meat substitutes. I love how most everything is natural. Already the spicy tempeh sushi has completely caught my eye.

The Vegan Dad: who DOESN'T love a Dad who can cook?

I have a few more blogs that I've added that are neither vegan nor vegetarian:

A Veggie Venture is just an all around great site totally focused on vegetables with lots of references to Weight Watchers.

The Gourmet Momma is another Mom that loves to cook. I completely identify with these sorts of blogs and felt at home when I opened it. There are lots more Foodie Mommy Blogs there too.

I think that I just have Oregon on the brain right now, but I'm loving Northwest Noshing. I especially love that he reviewed Mother's, as I recently did the same after my trip up north.

Anyhow, a few more good reads for you while I gear up for the new school year. Then it won't be so noticeable when I don't post everyday! (I hope, I hope..)

0 comments: