Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well, the tortillas didn't knock my socks off.


But the chips sure as heck did!

Take 3-4 tortillas. Using a pizza cutter, cut into wedges. Arrange on a cookie sheet, as best as you can, so they aren't overlapping (a little bit is okay).

Drizzle the tops with extra virgin olive oil.

Sprinkle seasonings. I used salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. I can see using a LOT of different sorts of spices. Curry powder? Thyme and Sage? Or my next trick - cinnamon and sugar. It all depends on how much flavor you want. Adjust the spices to your desire. This is one instance that dried spices work best.

Bake at 450 for anywhere from 3 - 7 minutes. STAND WATCH! Else you will be calling your alarm company like I did, making sure they didn't send a fire truck out. Those spices will SMOKE...so really be careful.

This is how I know how good this is: When I fed it to my husband, he stopped, looked in the kitchen, and said "that's really good." He's a man of few words when it comes to food, so when his words are those - I know I hit the jackpot.

Yummy...homemade tortillas AND chips. Whee!

0 comments: