Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey...it makes up 70% of the Earth.

And it makes your body work, so why not drink more of it?

Because it's BORING, that's why.

I like FLAVOR. TASTE. ZING. PASSION ON MY TASTEBUDS.

While nothing beats water when "glistening" and working hard, to drink it otherwise just doesn't pass the muster. The problem is that everything else (a) has calories and (b) isn't as good for you. I won't do the diet soda business. There's only so much caffeine a sane person can handle. So, what to do?

Flavor your water!

I had some mint left over, so I tore up a couple of leaves and tossed them into my Klean Kanteen. Then I added ice and water, as usual, and let it sit.

FLAVOR. TASTE. ZING. PASSION ON MY TASTEBUDS.

Not a mint fan, or don't have the herb? Cucumbers, lemon, lime, berries, and rosemary are all good options. Think a very light tea, and that's the intensity of the flavor. Not overpowering, but still tasty.

I'd been putting cucumbers and lemons in my water for a while. I'd never thought of mint. For the life of me, I cannot remember where I got that idea - but it WORKS.

In other kitchen news, I finally got my LARGE LOAF PANS. YAY! I'm going to try that 15 minute bread recipe in those to see if I can get some sandwich bread. That is a completely sustainable bread recipe that I can use even when I am working. I'm sort of focused on the bread as a new blog I've picked up recently wrote an article about it. I have a renewed interest in my bread quest of old.

I also have some low fat tortillas on the horizon. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. It'll be a surprise. Heh.

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

I love flavoring water this way! It is delicious - one of my faves is basil water! I am sure you will love it too!

Thanks so much for your comments!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the helpful tips. Did you post Pizza on the Grill? I didn't notice it.
Eve